Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Let Me Hear 'Somebody Scream' "


While browsing through books at a Brooklyn Barnes and Noble retail store I came across a book titled, "Somebody Scream," by Marcus Reeves. When I glanced through the book inside of the store, I did not pay too much attention to "The Message" I thought the book had. After reading a recent review of the book I thought twice about making a trip back to Brooklyn to actually buy the book!


The review explains that Marcus Reeves follows the political and cultural rhyme and reason behind hip-hop. The reviewer, The URB Magazine's Dominic McDonald, says: "It's definitely a great history lesson to you whiney '90s babies who get 'The Message' confused with an Ice Cube track."

Technically being a '90s baby who cries about what I do not know regarding Hip-Hop, I am interested in being hushed after reading "Somebody Scream."

No comments: